Foggy Glasses: Eye Doctors Have the Best Rated Tips
Believe it or not, it can be done – Keep your glasses from fogging up! For all of us that wear glasses for fashion, or for sight, we likely didn’t think anything of it. And then masks happened.
It has been a challenge for many of us. We don’t need foggy glasses on top of everything else, right? While we can’t control what’s going on around us, luckily, Eye Doctors have the best rated tips on how to eliminate the foggy glasses problem. With the tips below, you can tell your foggy glasses to fog off!
Why Do Glasses Fog Up?
Here’s the simple science behind it. When warm air hits a cool surface, condensation can form. Just think about how your glasses fog up when you enjoy a bowl of hot soup. The same thing happens with a mask. When your warm breath escapes through the top of the mask, it hits the lenses of your glasses and causes them to fog up. What can you do to prevent this from happening? Check out the 4 Tips below from Best Rated Pediatric Metrotown Optometrist (2 Years in a Row), Dr. Shaun Pati.
Now, glasses can be a major investment. If you have special coatings on your lenses, check with your nearby Optometrist before trying any other fog off hacks so you don’t ruin your lenses and coatings.
Top 4 Tips to Be Rid of Your Foggy Glasses While Wearing a Mask 2021
- Check for the right fit: If you don’t, you’re going to get that steam room effect all day long. Here’s a good tip from Metrotown Optometrist Dr. Shaun Pati;
“Ensure your mask fits securely over the nose. With glasses, a mask that has a nose bridge will help keep warm air from exiting up to your glasses,” says Dr. Shaun Pati (Metrotown Eye Doctor).
- Position your glasses to seal the top of your mask: By pulling your mask up higher on your nose, your glasses can help seal it and shape it to your face. Place your glasses right on top of the material over your nose and make sure they don’t slide off. This secure fit will keep the warm air from escaping through the top of the mask and prevent foggy glasses.
- Tape it down: You can tape your mask down around the bridge of your nose and to your cheeks with sports or medical tape; however, don’t use duct tape or tape that wasn’t made to be used on skin. If you have sensitive skin, test the tape out beforehand to ensure it doesn’t cause irritation.
- Fog Wipes: The easiest and most effective solution is to use Fog Wipes. Why does this method work? The wipes leave behind a thin film that acts as a fog barrier. Single use anti-fog wipes are available in packs of 10 for only $5.00 – It’s as easy as wiping your lenses with the wipe, to get 10 hours of anti-fog protection and the wipe can be used on all types of lenses. Come pick them up at our office and avoid foggy glasses.
- Anti Fog sprays: Wash your glasses with soapy water, shake off the excess moisture, and then let them air-dry, they’ll resist fogging. Doing this leaves behind a thin surfactant film that reduces this surface tension and causes the water molecules to spread out evenly into a transparent layer preventing foggy glasses allowing you to enjoy your hot soup without bother.
Come pick them up at the office $5 for 10
Check out our Instagram page for more promotions and tips on how to take care of your eye health