What is Radiofrequency?
Radiofrequency treatment is a nonsurgical method of improving dry eyes and tightening your skin by fighting the signs of aging. This treatment involves using energy waves to heat the superficial layer of your skin, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin reformation. It also helps open your oil glands on your eyelids which help prevent tear evaporation thus improving dry eye symptoms.
Collagen gives your skin its firmness and elastin creates skin elasticity. As you age, your cells produce less collagen, which results in an increase in skin laxity, fine lines and wrinkles. This process tends to occur around age 35 – 40 when the quantity and quality of your collagen starts to decline. Your eyes oil glands also start to work less efficiently with age and this can cause dry eyes with vision fluctuations.
How Radiofrequency Treatment Works
Radiofrequency stimulates your body to create new collagen fibers while opening blocked oil glands on the eyelids by the heat it creates. The treatment is painless and quick, normally taking less than an hour, and safe on all skin types, colors and complexions. After the treatment, your eyes oil glands will function better and your skin will look tighter and rejuvenated.
6 Transformative Radiofrequency Treatment Benefits (Research Proven)
There are many benefits to Radiofrequency treatment, including oil gland functionality improvement, relief of dry eye symptoms and skin tightening. Here are some of the research proven benefits:
- Fighting Sun Damage: A group in a 2011 study found that 3 months of Radiofrequency treatment led to significant improvements with mild to moderate signs of sun damage on the skin.
- Body Contouring: Radiofrequency treatment helps tighten loose skin on your body by stimulating the production of collagen. A 2017 study found that 24 of the 25 people (who underwent 5 to 8 sessions) saw an improvement in their body shape. 92% were happy with their results.
- Face Contouring: In another study, researches found significant improvement in facial skin sagginess, and 73% had improvements in facial contour.
- Wrinkles and fine lines: A 2018 study looked at the effect of Radiofrequency treatment on wrinkles around the eyes of 70 middle-aged women. Researchers found that three treatments over 6 weeks significantly reduced their wrinkles while improving dry eyes symptoms.
- Face slimming: A 2017 study discovered how after 5 weeks of Radiofrequency treatment, more than 90% of the women had a reduction in fat, and 60% were satisfied or very satisfied with their results. The nonsurgical method of slimming your face had the only side effect of mild redness, which dissipated several hours after the procedure.
- Dry Eye Relief: In another 2017 study, 50% of participants had an improvement in Lipid Layer Thickness (which helps retain moisture over the surface of your eye) and demonstrated improvements in dry eye symptoms.
Importance of Finding a Radiofrequency Provider
Finding the correct provider is essential. It is a safe treatment, when performed by a certified professional. If the procedure is incorrectly performed, it’s possible for your skin to feel a transient heat-arc that results in the following side effects:
- Temporary swelling
Check out the other Real Eye Optometry blog articles here
Lucky for you, our team is trained in a new, noninvasive radiofrequency treatment that treats dry eye disease and also reduces the appearance of wrinkles & fine lines while tightening the skin. Real Eyes Optometry is proud to be a Certified TempSure Partner and now provides dry eyes and ocular aesthetic treatments. Book your dedicated dry eye and ocular aesthetic appointment today and find the treatment that is right for you.